Matt from KD Kanopy had some insight to the success of this year’s charity Golf Tournament for Kids Mobility Network. He spoke about what makes events like this successful, and the importance of giving back to the community. Read on to see some upcoming events from our sponsors as well!
Q: What was the biggest success of the tournament?
Matt: The biggest success is that we had good friends and partners that are willing to take time away from their jobs and family to help others. This was the largest tournament that KD Kanopy has put on. In 2013 we had 90 participants and this year we had 144. It shows that people believe and supports what KD Kanopy is doing in the community.
Q: Why are tournaments like this important to give back to the community?
Matt: Tournaments like this are important in giving back to the community because so many of us our blessed with success and health. When you step out of your bubble and look around you notice that their are many kids and families that struggle to make everything work. When you add in a health issue or disability and see how little help is out there for some families, it feels good to offer some financial and hopefully emotional support.
Q: What are you most proud of with the tournament?
Matt: We are most proud of the fact that we raised well over 10K and that Peter and Christy will be able to use that money fivefold and help lots of families. I hope the word gets spread around what a wonderful idea and charity Peter and Christy have developed.
We are also very excited to report that the silent auction raised $3,555! KD Kanopy is truly grateful to all the participants and the community. And, of course, the sponsors! Check out some things they have coming up this August:
- Ice cream social this Saturday, the 9th! Enjoy some FREE ice cream at Avalanche Harley-Davidson, 8000 W Colfax Ave. 11am- 3pm.
- Also through this Saturday- receive $1,000 when you purchase a pre-owned Harley Davidson Motorcycle.
- The Walk N’Roll– Benefiting the Rocky Mountain Rett Association is this Saturday, August 9th! At Clement Park, 7306 West Bowles Ave, Littleton, CO 80123. Start time is 8:30 AM.
- This event is to raise awareness for those living with Rett Syndrome. Rett Syndrome is a neurological disorder seen exclusively in females. It is the only autism-spectrum disorder with a known genetic cause. A girl with Rett Syndrome is born around the world every 2 hours.
- Plains End doesn’t have too many events coming up this month. But we are so grateful for the time and energy they put into our golf tournament!
- A fun Fact about Plains End Power Plant is at an elevation of about 6,000 ft., it is said to be the world’s largest gas engine power plant!